Wednesday 5 November 2014

Discovering My Love For People Photography

These photograph's were captured on a winter's afternoon (6th January) in 2013. 
I was given the Panasonic Lumix FZ45 Digital Camera as a present for Christmas in 2012. I had been wanting a new camera ever since I started a course on art and design at college. I couldn't contain my excitement when I received the camera and began to experiment with the different settings straight away. When I started to get to know my camera a lot more over the Christmas holidays, I decided to go out and start taking some pictures.
I hadn't had much practice with photographing people and wanted to try taking photo's of people around a pretty setting. As a favor to help me gain experience, my cousin Yazmine modeled for my photograph's. 

Captured using my Panasonic Lumix FZ45 Digital Camera. Black and White edit on image. 

Myself and Yazmine went on a walk around my area so I could decide on what scenery I would like to capture. I noticed how beautiful the woodlands near my house was looking at the time and thought that it would be a lovely place to take the pictures. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted the structure of my photograph's to be like. I kept trying out different arrangements and if the image appealed to me, I would adapt on it. I found that I had to be quite creative and imaginative with what I was doing. 

Captured using my Panasonic Lumix FZ45 Digital Camera. Colour effect edit on image.

Looking at the photograph's, I find they look more autumnal than wintery due to there being so many leaves on the floor and the yellowy/brown colours. This was my first practice with photo-shoots and is where I discovered my love of people photography.

I hope the post was enjoyable to read and that it has given inspiration in some way. If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to hear about any stories where you may have discovered a love for something from trying out something new.


Lauren 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment